Matthew Brooks Ford
292 Fraser Lane
Ventura, CA 93001
My objective is to experience employment with a leading and influential organization where by utilizing various communication and educational skills that I have attained in the fields of General Studies and Mass Communications and Fine Arts.
Prince George’s Community College Morgan State University
Upper Marlboro, Maryland Baltimore, Maryland
Associates Degree/General Studies 2010
Associates Degree/Mass Communications Brooks Institute
2012 Ventura, CA
Bachelors Fine Art, FILM 2013-2015
Potomac High School De Matha Catholic High School
Oxon Hill, Maryland Hyattsville, Maryland
1996-199 Graduated May 1998 1994-1996
SPECIAL SKILLS, ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND AWARDS
● Prepared a documentary of D.C.’s famous landmark Ben’s Chili Bowl and Ben’s Next
Door bar and restaurant
● Excelled in T.V. production classes
● Skillful in operating consumer and prosumer cameras, tripods, and studio lights
● Can operate studio mixers and microphones
● Proficient in Final Cut Pro, Avid Media composer, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Light room, In Design,
● Received first place recognition for my acumen in science and geography
● Selected as a finalist in the school’s National Geography Bee Competition
● Inducted into the DeMatha Catholic School Science Scholar Program
● Composed a paper which selected me into the School’s Academy of Law Program
● Received an award from the United States Achievement Academy (Science & Math)
● Named Who’s Who Among American High School Students
● Received Scholarships from the Maryland House of Delegates and State Of Maryland
● Can speak and write in Spanish
- Power Point
May 2014-September 2015
Brooks Institute Ventura Library
Supervisor-Donna Burr (805) 901-2017
5301 North Ventura Avenue
Ventura, California 93001
Position: Library Assistant
- Checked in books, magazines, and dvds.
- Cataloged all incoming materials.
- Labeled all books, magazines, and dvds in the library.
- Assisted all customers with printing and copying.
- Maintained all library records.
- Collected all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Processed all books required for wrapping.
- Maintained the Library of Congress system and it’s efficiency.
June 2004-December 26, 2012
700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20408
Supervisor-Christopher (202) 357-5497
- As student Archives Technician, I maintained the Master Location Register.
- Assisted and directed archival staff with moves of records required for efficient space
- Identified actions needed to correct improper storage conditions.
- Maintained NARA standards for stack storage and security.
Retrieved and re-shelved records for project work and provided proper written notification or withdrawal notices.
- Hand bound volumes, individual documents, and other material properly at all times
following guidelines to preserve their archival integrity.
- Prepared box labels list and affixed or distributed within established time frames
according with policy guidelines.
- Analyzed and resolved problems, completing tasks when there are complications while also retrieving and re-shelving of records or materials.
Answered all incoming telephone calls courteously by taking accurate messages, directing the calls to proper staff.
July 2002-July 2003
Wilshire and Associates
801 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20429
Supervisor-Everett Sharpe (703) 562-2230
- As mail clerk I separated, sorted, and distributed all incoming and outgoing mail in
various locations for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Answered incoming telephones taking care of all inquiries customers had and making
referrals to appropriate destination.
- Met and greeted customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Used Microsoft Office XP (word, excel, access, power point and outlook.
- I also used a Panasonic fax machine.
July 2001-July 2002
Xand /Cosi Sandwich Bar
700 11th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Supervisor-Joe (202) 639-8999
- As the Barista, I made all hot/cold beverages upon the customer’s request.
- I assisted staff with the cash register when needed.
- Cleaned and sanitized all utensils needed for my assigned area and at the close of the day.
June 1999- January 2000
6810 Deer path Road #100
Elkridge, MD 21057
Supervisor-Hattie Coulter (202) 416-7402
- Moved furniture and boxes from offices throughout the Federal Deposit Insurance