Stuart P Goldman
Stuart P. Goldman
1300 Placid Avenue, Ventura, CA 93004
Phn: (805) 844-5627 -- Email: email@example.com
Profile and Professional Qualifications
A decisive, experienced, self-directing leader, with commitment to ensuring high-quality results with a sense of urgency, notable history of success developing and managing various departments and programs in higher education and corporate environments. Possess expertise in faculty development, strategic development, e-learning, student admissions and retention. I have an outstanding ability to build relationships with diverse individuals and in the development of solutions for critical learning. My seasoned marketing experience and strategic planning management strategies have been very successful in bringing in corporate profits and meeting the needs of the customer. I am an energetic, forward-thinking professional, successful in sales and training, results driven critical thinker, possessing sound judgment, and a leader acutely aware of trends in the market and how to build and manage teams to adapt to those trends for success.
Experience and Accomplishments:
Pharmerica 2011 to 2015
Supervisor – driver
- It was my responsibility to deliver pharmaceuticals and related equipment to facilities in the LA region on a daily basis and in a time expedient manner. Critical medicine and special class narcotics were a regular part of my delivery. Marketing in sales for new facilities, manage errors in medications, complaints regarding shortages or incorrect medications, loss investigations, reporting, security, customer development, issue resolution, relationship building, team building, compliance with state and federal narcotics laws and regulations.
Cost Plus World Market 2010-2011
- As a supervisor and department manager I was responsible for my department employees, sales and sales training, display, profit management, security, reporting, register operations, inventory, stocking, opening and closing the store, cash balancing nightly, employee evaluations, hiring and firing, corporate compliance, profit analysis and store promotion. Customer satisfaction, building relationships, problem solving, and building customer loyalty were critical. Our store was consistently in the top 2 in our region in sales and profit.
Masters Institute of Media Arts - Ventura, CA 2007 – Present
- I have spent the past nine years bringing a seminar and workshop oriented media and creative arts program to fruition both in the classroom and on-line. Researching, writing the business plan, and creating the various financials to bring the organization through the start-up phase and creating a diverse team of professionals to develop a state of the art international media arts school. With this team they are developing the required documentation to secure funding and bringing the project to operational status.
Brooks Institute – Santa Barbara and Ventura, CA 2003 - 2007
Academic Dean (Director of Academic Affairs) and Director of Admissions
- Instituted a rapid growth oriented program in a very competitive market, focused and directed toward performance and productivity improvement, and increased the retention rate by twenty percent (20%). Increased the conversion rate by 23%, resulting in a higher start rate of 74%. Increased student enrollment from 500 to 2,600 students within a twenty four month period, an unprecedented 2,100 student growth margin and 79% increase, the largest in the 70 year history of the school.
- Developed and implemented new training and incentive programs resulting in a 30% reduction in employee absenteeism and turnover within ninety days, realizing a significant cost reduction for the school division and parent company. Improved results in long-range planning and corporate development.
- As Managing Director of the International Student Program, realized a sixty percent (60%) increase in international student enrollment. With students from more than thirty-three countries, this represented unprecedented growth in this critical success factor.
- Under my leadership, we successfully achieved 100% compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act in the first accreditation audit under the Act. Success with 2 additional audits and took an integral part in development for the W.A.S.C. accreditation process.
- Created open door policy which helped create a new student council organization which opened new lines of communication and transparency between students and administrators. New conflict resolution guidelines and processes were developed which increased understanding and communication; improved student retention by twenty five-percent (25%) over three previous years.
Parks College – Denver, CO 2001 – 2003
Director of Admissions
- Achieved an average increase of student enrollment of 14% in each session, increased the conversion rate by 15% and start rate by 42%, resulting in a growth rate not experienced in the college before.
- Authored and developed a crisis management plan and instructed three colleges in response measures. This created a stronger feeling of security in the students, staff, and faculty for the college during a period when campus violence was on the upswing across the country.
- Developed a high school relations program which resulted in a 22% increase in enrollment from local high schools in the vicinity of the college.
Military – Lieutenant Colonel – USAR (ret.) 1970 - 1993
- Responsible for training and evaluation of military units for a twelve state region and preparing them for combat operations for Desert Storm and other conflicts. As a commander of troops, I utilized resource acquisition and leveling, strategic planning and appropriate use of my officer and non-commissioned officer (NCO) cadre for successful operations, one being the largest peacetime war game operation in the country.
- Simpson College – 1971 – Music
- Command and General Staff College – 1982 – ( Masters equivalent )
- Graduate of the Colorado Law Enforcement Training Academy (Police and Highway Patrol) – 1987
Stuart P. Goldman – 1300 Placid Avenue, Ventura, CA 93004
Phn: (805) 844-5627 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org